STEM Junior Ambassador Programme 3-18 Years
STEM Junior Ambassador Project
The Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) Junior Ambassador programme. This programme works with Primary, Secondary and Nursery schools as youth groups such as Guides and Scouts to increase education and skills in Science Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM ). The programme is engaging and young people learn through a wide range of interactive learning experiences. The programme delivers a number of Curriculum for Excellent experiences and outcomes. The STEM Junior Ambassador programme also aims to ensure that young people become passionate and enthusiastic about STEM. The programme also encourages and facilitate peer learning.
The aim of this project is to provide
- Opportunities for young people with Highers in STEM subjects to obtain hands on experience of developing and running STEM workshop for younger pupils
- Additional education and skills development opportunities for 10-16 years olds in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths.
- Delivered workshops including weekly after school science clubs, STEM Open days, STEM events like Bring your parents STEM event.
- Delivered full day technology events
- Won the Scottish Education 2017 STEM Award
The Education and Skills Development Programme is FUNDED BY ScottishPower Renewables- community benefit funding